Batter thickens as it stands, add a little beer or water to thin before cooking.
Make and share this Herb Battered Fish recipe from Food.com.
- Dust fillets with plain flour and set aside.
- Combine the self raising flour, herbs, beer and egg.
- Mix to a smooth batter.
- Dip fish in batter, deep fry in moderately hot oil until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes.
- Serve with tartar sauce and chips.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and herbs.
This was great! The batter had a wonderful consistency and the herbs were a great addition with the fish. The only fresh herb I had was parseley so I bulked it up with that for the texture and appearance and used dried herbs for the flavour. I also battered a few chips that I'd par cooked in the microwave and it was wonderful with them as well.