1/1 Photo of Herb Grilled Rib Lamb Chops
After a quick marinade, these chops are grilled quickly to sear in the juices for a medium-rare presentation. From AustralianLamb.com and EatingWell.com and posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 australian lamb rib chops (about 1 1/4 inches thick, trimmed of all fat)
- 1/2 cup pompeian burgundy cooking wine or 1/2 cup other red wine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish.
- 2Pour the wine over the chops and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once.
- 3In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, mustard and olive oil and process until smooth. Reserve.
- 4Prepare a gas or charcoal grill - the gas grill should be set to high.
- 5Remove the chops from the wine and spread each side with the herb mixture.
- 6Sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper and when the gas grill is hot, or when the coals of the charcoal grill are red hot, place the chops on the gas grill or directly above the coals of the charcoal grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- 7Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herb Grilled Rib Lamb Chops
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lamb rib chops