After a quick marinade, these chops are grilled quickly to sear in the juices for a medium-rare presentation. From AustralianLamb.com and EatingWell.com and posted for ZWT5.
- 6 australian lamb rib chops (about 1 1/4 inches thick, trimmed of all fat)
- 118.29 ml pompeian burgundy cooking wine or 118.29 ml other red wine
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley leaves
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary leaf
- 9.85 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place the lamb chops in a shallow dish.
- Pour the wine over the chops and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning once.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, mustard and olive oil and process until smooth. Reserve.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill - the gas grill should be set to high.
- Remove the chops from the wine and spread each side with the herb mixture.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper and when the gas grill is hot, or when the coals of the charcoal grill are red hot, place the chops on the gas grill or directly above the coals of the charcoal grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Serve at once.