1/1 Photo of Herbed Olive and Anchovy Dip
From the Australian Women's Weekly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 anchovies packed in oil, drained
- 60 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slice white bread, chopped coarsely
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 1Combine anchovies and milk in small bowl, stand 10 minutes, drain well.
- 2Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan, cook bread, stirring, until browned lightly, remove from pan.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same pan, cook onion, garlic and herbs, stirring until onion is soft.
- 4Blend or process anchovies, bread, onion mixture, olives, capers, vinegar and juice until combined. With motor operating, add extra oil in thin stream, process until almost smooth.
- 5Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Olive and Anchovy Dip
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.9 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: