I think I sort of invented this one. It has become a family favourite.
Make and share this Herbed Pumpkin recipe from Food.com.
- Chop your pumpkin into cubes, (any size up to 1", but they have to be even, or some won't cook!) Enough to cover the bottom of the frypan in a single layer.
- Melt about 100gr butter, add pumpkin, and coat in butter.
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs, (about a good teaspoon, or to taste) and a little salt and pepper.
- If the pumpkin isnt very sweet, you can sprinkle with the sugar.
- Shake the pan to stop the pumpkin from sticking, and when the cubes start to colour, add 1 cup chicken stock.
- Enough to come about half way up the pumpkin.
- Cover and turn heat right down.
- Shake the pan occasionally, and check every few minutes, add a little more stock or water if necessary.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, turn off heat.
- When you are ready to serve, put the pan over very high heat, take the lid off and let all the liquid evaporate, and the bottom of the pumpkin brown a little, (or burn if you like it that way!).