1/3 Photos of Herbed Pumpkin
I think I sort of invented this one. It has become a family favourite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop your pumpkin into cubes, (any size up to 1", but they have to be even, or some won't cook!) Enough to cover the bottom of the frypan in a single layer.
- 2Melt about 100gr butter, add pumpkin, and coat in butter.
- 3Sprinkle with mixed herbs, (about a good teaspoon, or to taste) and a little salt and pepper.
- 4If the pumpkin isnt very sweet, you can sprinkle with the sugar.
- 5Shake the pan to stop the pumpkin from sticking, and when the cubes start to colour, add 1 cup chicken stock.
- 6Enough to come about half way up the pumpkin.
- 7Cover and turn heat right down.
- 8Shake the pan occasionally, and check every few minutes, add a little more stock or water if necessary.
- 9When the pumpkin is cooked, turn off heat.
- 10When you are ready to serve, put the pan over very high heat, take the lid off and let all the liquid evaporate, and the bottom of the pumpkin brown a little, (or burn if you like it that way!).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 215.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: