1/4 Photos of Herbed Rissoles With Mushroom Sauce
Entered for ZWT 5 - round 1. In Portugal, rissoles are known as rissóis and are usually filled with cod, minced meat, shrimp or (less frequently) chicken or a combination of cheese and ham. The Australian rissole is generally made from minced meat without a pastry covering, but sometimes with breadcrumbs.Mostly cooked on a BBQ all year round. The New Zealand rissole is much the same as the Australian rissole but may contain diced yellow onion and cooked on a BBQ as a healthier option during summer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium hot pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 30 g butter (1-2 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Combine ground beef thru egg in medium bowl, mix well with spoon.
- 2Divide and roll mixture into 8 equal balls, flatten slightly into rissole shapes.
- 3Place flour in bowl, toss rissoles in flour, shake off excess flour.
- 4Heat butter and oil in frying pan over medium heat, add rissoles, cook for about 10 min on each side; drain on absorbent paper.
- 5MUSHROOM SAUCE.
- 6measure approx 4 tbsp of pan drippings into small saucepan, stir in flour, stir constantly for 1 min until flour browns slightly.
- 7Gradually stir in combined wine and stock, stir constantly until sauce boils and thickens.
- 8Add green onions and mushrooms to sauce, simmer for 2 minutes.
- 9Place rissoles on serving plates, pour sauce over rissoles and serve with vegetables of your choice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Rissoles With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 238.0 mg
- Sodium 611.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 49.5 g