Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
spicy nut cupcakes that you can eat for lunch instead of a sandwich
Make and share this High Protein Lunch Nut Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground nuts (hazelnut is good)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk or 1⁄3 cup other milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 stiffly beaten egg whites
- pre heat oven to 350.
- put 10 papers into cupcake tin.
- beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- cream sugar and margarine together.
- mix flours, nuts and spices and baking powder together.
- alternately mix the butter mixture with the flour mixture and the milk and lemon mixture.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- fold in the egg whites.
- spoon into cupcake tin and bake.
These aren't bad, but I don't know if I'd call them "muffins." They don't rise at all, so they're shaped more like hockey pucks. The flavor vaguely reminds me a little of sausage. I'll probably make these again for sheer convenience. Easy protein on the go. About 20 minutes in the oven is what I needed to bake these.
I am training for a triathlon and eating a lot of high protein. These are great. Easy to make, wasn't sure how long to bake??? I went with 16 minutes and made 6 medium size muffins with this recipe. Good taste and I used pecans. Thanks!