1/8 Photos of Hoisin Chicken Kebabs
Chef floWer's Note:
Hoisin (or Hoi Sin) sauce also known is Chinese barbeque sauce, can be found pre-made in a jar at the supermarket. I prefer to use the "Fountain" brand, but there are many options these days. I've served this recipe hot as a main meal with an Asian Vegetable Stir-fry as a side dish. I've also brought them to a social function and thread them on small skewers, they were eaten cold as finger food. Ten minute marinating time is included in preparation. You can marinate this overnight or just ten minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken breast into one inch pieces and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl add Hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, sesame oil and rice vinegar, mix well.
- 3Reserve about two tablespoons of the sauce to base the chicken while it's cooking.
- 4Add chicken and mix well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for ten minutes.
- 6Preheat BBQ or grill to medium high heat.
- 7After ten minutes, thread chicken onto metal or wooden skewers.
- 8Place the chicken on the BBQ or grill and cook chicken. While cooking base chicken with reserve sauce and turn often. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken, but should take about eight minutes until its slightly charred.
- 9Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Chicken Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.9 mg
- Sodium 807.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 54.1 g