1/1 Photo of Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
We had this for dinner the other night and it was really nice. Quick and easy too! Please allow one hour for the chicken to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 10 cm fresh lemongrass, chopped finely
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 fresh long red Thai chile, chopped finely (used 1 teaspoon of chilli from a jar)
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 1Combine chicken with half the garlic, 1 teaspoon of the five-spice powder and all the lemon grass and ginger in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Heat half the oil in wok and stir-fry the onion, chilli, capsicum and remaining garlic until onion softens. Remove from wok.
- 3Heat remaining oil in wok and stir-fry the chicken in batches until cooked.
- 4Return the onion mix and chicken to wok with sauce, rind, juice and remaining five-spice. Stir-fry until sauce thickens slightly.
- 5Remove from heat and toss through coriander. Sprinkle with fried shallots and green onion.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.7
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 474.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red Thai chile