Really yummy. A crunchy biscuit with a lovely aroma. These biscuits are really simple and seem to be hugely popular with menfolk.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Warm milk and golden syrup in a mug in microwave (only for about 30 seconds or else it will curdle) Add baking soda to milk and golden syrup and beat with a teaspoon until frothy.
- Stir into butter and sugar mixture.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls, place onto baking tray and flatten with fork.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 10-15 minutes.
- Don't overcook.