1/5 Photos of Homely Chicken Pie
1 hr 25 mins
All will be blown away with the home style flavours of this savory chicken pie. Add your favourite vegetables for a complete nutritious meal! For some reason it will not let me include the important step of 3 sheets of frozen short crust pastry in the ingredients, so I am adding a note here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F lijne base of a 25cm pie dish with 2 of the pastry sheets.
- 2refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3line with baking paper and fill with rice and blind bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Place remaining pastry sheet on a lightly floured board, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- 5Meanwhile place chicken in a large saucepan; add water to cover, bring to boil 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 6drain and cool and shred chicken.
- 7heat butter in frypan and add onion, cook 3 minutes stirring.
- 8whisk in flour and thyme, cook stirring 3 minutes.
- 9add stock and cream.
- 10whisk until thickened, 3 - 4 minutes.
- 11remove from the heat and stir in vegetables and shredded chicken, season.
- 12spoon the filling into the prepared pasty shell.
- 13arrange 6 pastry strips in the same direction onj top of the pie, twisting the pastry dough.
- 14Arrange the remaining strips crosswise on the top.
- 15fold the edges under and crimp to seal.
- 16Beat egg yolk and water. Brush the pastry lightly with egg mixture.
- 17Place pie on ojn a a baking sheet and cook until golden on top and bubbling inside, about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homely Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.5 g