Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was my first attempt at making home-made sausages using a sausage maker and a synthetic casing. A slight problem was the nozzle was too large for the casing so I proceeded without a casing and thought these were the best sausages I've ever tasted, even if I do say so myself.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Run all ingredients through a meat grinder, return to bowl and mix again.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so (optional).
- Put through the sausage maker attachment on meat grinder carefully guiding it onto a plate.
- Cut into desired serving size.
- Cook carefully on oiled BBQ or hotplate until cooked through, turning until browned on all sides.
These were very flavorful and simple to make. I don't have a meat grinder so I put it all in the food processor. I shaped it into patties. We will be having these often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I tried with about 1/2 tsp. of fennel and it worked out great! I had with eggs and toast for breakfast. I froze some for another time, and can't wait to have them again. EXCELLENT recipe! Linda
these saussies were not too bad. I ground my own pork and chicken and doubled on the spices... my youngest still said there was a "bite" missing to the ingrediant.. and I loaded this with fresh ground garlic as well.. hmmm... otherwise a rock recipe with a few tune ups.. thanks for sharing