Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe inspired by Fresh BBQ Corn With Honey Butter that I changed to make cooking on a BBQ or grill a quick and easy option. Note the preparation time includes cooling time for the butter, and you can pop back in the fridge after wrapping the corn so it is quite quick and easy to prepare.
- Place butter & honey in a cup or small bowl and microwave for around 30 seconds until just melted.
- Stir through garlic and pepper.
- Leave to cool 15 minutes or so in fridge.
- (optional step) Cut ears of corn in half.
- Brush mixture evenly over the corn and wrap in aluminium foil.
- Cook over pre-hearted BBQ plate or grill 15-20 minutes over medium - high heat, turning often. The foil starting to turn brown is a sign it's been long enough in one position and should be turned a little.
YUMMY!!! I love good corn on the cob and this recipes fits the bill. The corn came out perfectly cooked with a nice fresh crispness and the flavors were sweet and savory. I followed the recipe as written (using my Cuisinart electric grill) right down to cutting the ears of corn in half. I can't wait to make this recipe again. I'm sorry to see summer ending because I won't be able to get good ears of corn again until next summer, but I will be using this recipe often. Thanks, Peter, for another great recipe. Made for September Aus/NZ Swap.
forgot the stars!
Loved it! I never would have thought to add honey to the corn and barbecue. Thank you for posting this recipe.