Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can vary this recipe by: * Sprinkle 100's & 1000's or those silver and gold balls over them before going into the oven. * For extra honey flavoured ones use double the honey amount. * For a large amount- double the recipe straightaway. * Use muffin pattypans instead of little bitty cake pattypans. Kids love these things at birthday parties.
- Preheat oven- moderate temp- 180 degrees C (350 F).
- Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a span over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Put cornflakes in a large bowl.
- Pour the warm honey mixture over the cornflakes and mix well BUT gently.
- Spoon mixture into patty pans.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in air tight container.
I've loved these since I was a kid and just recently made them for the 1st time for my 4 year old DD...now she loves them too...a classic recipe!
Super easy treat! Thank you!
I used to make these with my mum, and now I make them with my boys (except they call them Crunchy Munchy Honey Cakes like the Wiggles song!). Thanks for posting, I'd lost my recipe and can never remember the quantities.