Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
After school treat or one the kids can make for themselves on a rainy weekend!
Make and share this Honey Nut Twirls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 30 g margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (for filling)
- 2 tablespoons honey, extra (for filling)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water (for filling)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Rub margarine into flour.
- Add combined milk and honey and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out and knead lightly.
- Roll out to a 15cm x 30cm (6" x 12") rectangle.
- Combine the peanut butter, honey and water for filling.
- Spread the filling over the rectangle of dough.
- Roll up as for a Swiss Roll.
- Seal the edge with combined water and egg yolk.
- Trim the ends and cut into 12 slices.
- Place 4cm (1 and 1/2 inches) apart on a greased tray.
- Bake 220 deg celsius for 10 minutes.