1 hr 10 mins
Tasty dish to be had on its own or a smaller serve as a side with a grill. This recipe can be halved quite successfully and I have made it with creamy blue Camembert. If the fennel is not baby would suggest blanching it for a while first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 baby fennel, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and halved (preferable young ones)
- 2 red onions, peeled and halved
- 1 large sweet potato, orange colour peeled and quartered (kumara)
- 1/4 cup honey (2 fl ozs)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 4 1/2 cups boiling chicken stock or 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 60 g butter
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 4 slices creamy blue cheese (thick slices)
- 1Preheat oven to 200d C (390F). Place fennel, carrots, onions and sweet potato in a baking dish lined with baking paper. Combine the honey, lemon juice and oil and pour over the vegetables. (I find it easier to put these in a cup and zap slightly in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to make the pouring easier).
- 2Bake for approx 40 mins - 60 mins, depending on your oven and they are tender and golden.
- 3To cook the polenta, have the stock simmering over med-high heat. Add the polenta in a thin stream and stir for 5 mins or until it comes away from the side of the pan.
- 4Add the butter salt and a generous amount of pepper and place on plates. Top with the cheese and vegetables and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Roast Vegetables on Pepper Polenta With Creamy Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (696 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 645.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: