1/1 Photo of Honeycomb Ice Cream With Toffee Sauce
Sweet, crunchy and indulgent. For the sweet tooth in us all. Time does not include cooling or freezing times. Allow 8 hours in total to make this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Combine sugar & golden syrup in saucepan & stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Increase heat and stir until deep gold and foaming.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in bi-carb soda and pour on to greased baking sheet and cool to room temperature.
- 5Break in to 1cm square pieces.
- 6ICE CREAM:.
- 7Line base of a 28cm fluted tart tin with a removable base with freezer wrap and spray with oil.
- 8Whip cream and vanilla until peaks form, cover and refrigerate.
- 9Combine sugar and water in saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- 10Increase heat and cook without boiling until hard boil stage.
- 11Beat eggs until pale and thick.
- 12While still beating, gradually add hot syrup and beat until cool.
- 13Fold whipped cream and honeycomb into egg mixture and pour into prepared tin.
- 14Cover and freeze for 5 hours.
- 16Melt butter in deep saucepan, add sugar, golden syrup and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 17Stir in cream and simmer for 10 mins, cool to room temp and refrigerate.
- 18Serve ice-cream in wedges with sauce and a toffee decoration.
- 20Combine all 3 ingredients in saucepan and stir until gold, pour on flat tray and set.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honeycomb Ice Cream With Toffee Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1648.9
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 221.5 mg
- Sodium 964.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 310.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 239.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g