1/1 Photo of Honeycomb Ice Cream With Toffee Sauce
Sweet, crunchy and indulgent. For the sweet tooth in us all. Time does not include cooling or freezing times. Allow 8 hours in total to make this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Combine sugar & golden syrup in saucepan & stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Increase heat and stir until deep gold and foaming.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in bi-carb soda and pour on to greased baking sheet and cool to room temperature.
- 5Break in to 1cm square pieces.
- 6ICE CREAM:.
- 7Line base of a 28cm fluted tart tin with a removable base with freezer wrap and spray with oil.
- 8Whip cream and vanilla until peaks form, cover and refrigerate.
- 9Combine sugar and water in saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- 10Increase heat and cook without boiling until hard boil stage.
- 11Beat eggs until pale and thick.
- 12While still beating, gradually add hot syrup and beat until cool.
- 13Fold whipped cream and honeycomb into egg mixture and pour into prepared tin.
- 14Cover and freeze for 5 hours.
- 16Melt butter in deep saucepan, add sugar, golden syrup and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 17Stir in cream and simmer for 10 mins, cool to room temp and refrigerate.
- 18Serve ice-cream in wedges with sauce and a toffee decoration.
- 20Combine all 3 ingredients in saucepan and stir until gold, pour on flat tray and set.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honeycomb Ice Cream With Toffee Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1648.9
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 221.5 mg
- Sodium 964.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 310.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 239.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g