Sweet, crunchy and indulgent. For the sweet tooth in us all. Time does not include cooling or freezing times. Allow 8 hours in total to make this recipe.
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 400 g caster sugar
- 500 ml golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 200 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200 ml thickened cream
- 600 g sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Combine sugar & golden syrup in saucepan & stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and stir until deep gold and foaming.
- Remove from heat, stir in bi-carb soda and pour on to greased baking sheet and cool to room temperature.
- Break in to 1cm square pieces.
- ICE CREAM:.
- Line base of a 28cm fluted tart tin with a removable base with freezer wrap and spray with oil.
- Whip cream and vanilla until peaks form, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Increase heat and cook without boiling until hard boil stage.
- Beat eggs until pale and thick.
- While still beating, gradually add hot syrup and beat until cool.
- Fold whipped cream and honeycomb into egg mixture and pour into prepared tin.
- Cover and freeze for 5 hours.
- Melt butter in deep saucepan, add sugar, golden syrup and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in cream and simmer for 10 mins, cool to room temp and refrigerate.
- Serve ice-cream in wedges with sauce and a toffee decoration.
- Combine all 3 ingredients in saucepan and stir until gold, pour on flat tray and set.
very very very good. I found that if you scrape the chocolate off a violet crumble bar, crunchie, or any chocolate bar with honeycomb inside, it is even better.