Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Feel free to use chicken pieces instead. Whatever meat is used it is a warm and comforting dish that is different and tasty. Posted by request from Game Meats forum. Duck would be great here too or any kind of poultry. Adjust other ingredients too such as chicken bouillon and turkey bacon instead of beef and pork. Please let me know if you try this and how you experiment with it!
- Season meat with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour.
- In a deep fry pan fry bacon until just done but not crispy.
- Remove bacon from grease and brown meat pieces in grease.
- Cut cooked bacon into bite sized pieces and add to pan along with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Nice ricipe! I used rabit and dried bacon, added some thyme and veggies - carrots, celery stalks and potatoes. Turned out great!
I used one cut-up fryer rabbit and Costco real bacon crumbles. The bacon, already cooked, didn't give up any more grease, so I stirred it around in some olive oil until it was browner, for the flavor. Would have been better if I'd started with raw bacon. I had about a cup of Mogan David Concord which smelled pretty strong and used 1.5 cups water. I added 3 potatoes in big chunks and whole baby-cut carrots so I'd have a one dish meal. Very yummy.
Wow, this was wonderful. The flavor of the dish was outstanding. I used white wine, chicken bouillion and skinless chicken breasts. The meat was moist and tender and very tasty. I reduced the sauce, it was thick, robust and bursting with flavor, just excellant. Thanks for posting your recipe.