Cook1 hr 30 mins
Feel free to use chicken pieces instead. Whatever meat is used it is a warm and comforting dish that is different and tasty. Posted by request from Game Meats forum. Duck would be great here too or any kind of poultry. Adjust other ingredients too such as chicken bouillon and turkey bacon instead of beef and pork. Please let me know if you try this and how you experiment with it!
- Season meat with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour.
- In a deep fry pan fry bacon until just done but not crispy.
- Remove bacon from grease and brown meat pieces in grease.
- Cut cooked bacon into bite sized pieces and add to pan along with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.