Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We don't have a traditional Christmas pudding but have been enjoying this delicious dessert for about 10 years. So easy to make and so impressive. The hazelnuts make it special for me. You can serve with fresh fruit like cherries or berries but it is delicious by itself. Australian measurements used. Needs overnight freezing and can be made up to 1 week ahead.
- Remove ice cream from the freezer and let sit for about 20 mins (weather depending). You need it to have a soft, folding consistency but not melted.
- Place both flavours into a large bowl and using a metal spoon fold in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-litre (8-cup) mould. Ring, fluted or other fancy tins are ideal. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours or until firm.
- Cover a flat tray with plastic wrap and turn ice cream out of mould onto the tray. You may need to wrap a warm towel around it to loosen. Wrap with plastic then freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes prior to serving and place on serving plate. If using fresh fruit pile in centre of pudding.