I usually make a boiled plum pudding for Christmas, but the year my mother died, I found I didn't have the Christmas spirit to make one in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I made this the night before Christmas, and it's been a favourite of ours since. I don't think you need Christmas as the excuse to eat it-just hot days and 8-10 people to eat it. Prep time doesn't include the standing time, or freezing overnight
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (raisins, golden raisins, currants, cherries, craisins, you choose)
- 90 g glace cherries, quartered
- 45 g glace apricot, chopped
- 45 g glace pineapple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped glace ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Mix fruits, rind liqueur and brandy in a large bowl and set aside for 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- 2Using a spoon, break up the ice-cream in a large bowl.
- 3Add the fruit mix, choc9oate bits and nuts to ice-cream; working quickly stir until well mixed.
- 4Line a 9-cup capacity pudding basin or bowl with plastic wrap.
- 5Spoon in the ice-cream mixture; smooth the surface.
- 6Cover with Plastic wrap; freeze over night.
- 7To serve, unmould and cut into wedges.
- 8Serve with chocolate sauce.
- 9Chocolate Sauce: Place water, cocoa, butter and sugar in a small pan.
- 10Stir over a low heat 4 minutes or until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved.
- 11Remove from the heat and add the chocolate.
- 12Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth; stir in brandy.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice-Cream Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.0
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 191.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: