Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from Super Food Ideas. You can add extras to the yoghurt mix if you wish.
Make and share this Indian Lamb Meatballs in Curry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine yoghurt, 1 tablespoon mint and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place lentils in a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain well again. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add mince, onion and remaining mint. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, stock and 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil.
- Add meatballs. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Spoon steamed rice into bowls. Spoon over meatballs and sauce. Serve with minted yoghurt.
I used 1 T curry powder and 1 T garam masala (I had no curry paste)and 5 small fresh frozen tomates. The broth didn't thicken, but the dish was easy and very tasty. We will definitely have it again. There is one typo, it doesn't clearly state that the lentils go in the meat mixture. The yogurt sauce is a nice addition. It reminded us of meals we had when we visited Turkey.