Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious meatloaf with a differance. Good way to get the kids to eat their spinach! Could also use pork or chicken mince.
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato paste or 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, paste
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched and drained
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato chutney, to serve
- tomato, to serve
- basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl combine mince, onion, breadcrums, herbs, egg, salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, mix well until combined.
- Put mince in the centre of a large sheet of foil and press mince into a 25 x 30cm rectangle.
- Spread with paste, arrange spinach, then cheese slices over paste leaving 4cm gap on one of the long sides.
- Roll meatloaf into a log from the longest end, using foil as a guide. Press along edge of foil to seal and squeeze ends tightly together.
- Place on a baking tray, bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully cut away foil and bake for another.
- 30 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve, hot ot cold, with chutney, tomatoes and basil.