1 hr 15 mins
A delicious meatloaf with a differance. Good way to get the kids to eat their spinach! Could also use pork or chicken mince.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato paste or 1/2 cup red capsicum, paste
- 1 bunch spinach, blanched and drained
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato chutney, to serve
- tomato, to serve
- basil leaves, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2In a large bowl combine mince, onion, breadcrums, herbs, egg, salt and pepper.
- 3Using your hands, mix well until combined.
- 4Put mince in the centre of a large sheet of foil and press mince into a 25 x 30cm rectangle.
- 5Spread with paste, arrange spinach, then cheese slices over paste leaving 4cm gap on one of the long sides.
- 6Roll meatloaf into a log from the longest end, using foil as a guide. Press along edge of foil to seal and squeeze ends tightly together.
- 7Place on a baking tray, bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Carefully cut away foil and bake for another.
- 930 minutes.
- 10Cut into slices and serve, hot ot cold, with chutney, tomatoes and basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Rolled Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 877.1
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 260.0 mg
- Sodium 845.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 58.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: