Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made for Good Things Are Cooking Here!! (A non-cooking game) In the Australian/New Zealand Cooking Forum - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=233992 Please note that the marinating time isn't included in the prep time.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 500 g chicken, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- In a saucepan mix chicken stock, cornflour and Dijon mustard. Reduce over low heat.
- Cool the sauce and divide into two equal quantities. Reserve one for a dressing.
- With the other half of the sauce add chicken pieces and marinate overnight.
- Next day placed chicken on skewer sticks then discard left over marinate. Pre-heat barbecue and set aside chicken until you finished making the salsa.
- In a medium bowl add diced onions, diced capsicums and diced tomatoes, mix well with the reserved dressing.
- BBQ chicken until golden brown, then serve with salsa and enjoy.
This was really quick and simple. I skipped the marinating because of the limited time I had and I added pre-made salad dressing in the salsa, because I thought the marinated mixture would be to rich for us. The flavours of the salsa was really yummy and the chicken was tasty, I also garnished the chicken with dollops of Dijon mustards for extra flavour. Thank you Aus/NZ Chef's
Made a really nice light summer meal! The sauce was really good with the salsa although probably wasn't strong enough to make a good marinade. After reserving the sauce it would probably be worth either adding more Dijon or maybe just serve as a sauce over the grilled chicken, that would also make it something you could put together just before cooking.