24 hrs 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
Jaboticaba = Myriciaria cauliflora. This tree is from Brazil but grows in the subtropical and tropical parts of Australia. The fruit is like a dark small plum enclosing sweet pink juicy flesh. It is like a grape in texure and flavout. Look for firm, shiny fruits. These are very rich in Vitamin C.
My Private Note
- 1Put the jaboticas into a saucepan and pour over enough water to almost cover.
- 2Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, cover and leave to macerate overnight.
- 4Next day, mash the fruit and bring the mixture to the boil.
- 5Pour into a jelly bag and leave to drain for a few hours until it has stopped dripping.
- 6Alternatively pour it through a muslin-lined sieve placed over a bowl.
- 7Keep the juice refrigerated.
- 8Add honey to sweeten.
- 9Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jaboticaba thirst quencher
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: