Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Jaboticaba = Myriciaria cauliflora. This tree is from Brazil but grows in the subtropical and tropical parts of Australia. The fruit is like a dark small plum enclosing sweet pink juicy flesh. It is like a grape in texure and flavout. Look for firm, shiny fruits. These are very rich in Vitamin C.
- Put the jaboticas into a saucepan and pour over enough water to almost cover.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and leave to macerate overnight.
- Next day, mash the fruit and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Pour into a jelly bag and leave to drain for a few hours until it has stopped dripping.
- Alternatively pour it through a muslin-lined sieve placed over a bowl.
- Keep the juice refrigerated.
- Add honey to sweeten.
- Serve chilled.