Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
I haven't tried these yet, but from the reviews on taste.com.au people say that they make 6 BIG Texas-style muffins, so I say it would make 6-9 muffins, depending on the size you want. You could substitute Raspberry or Blueberry jam. TIP: to make things a bit easier, put the jam in a squeeze bottle for less mess. Source: Delicious magazine July 2002
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 6-hole muffin pan.
- 2Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar.
- 3In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Fill each indent with a generous 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam.
- 4Cover the jam with the remaining muffin mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- 6Meanwhile, melt the butter.
- 7Combine the extra sugar and the cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 8When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush each muffin with the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- 9Serve while still a little warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jam (Jelly) Doughnut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.5
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 681.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g