My neighbours recipe, it's too good. When she served it to us, we couldn't stop eating it even though we had mains following! Serving size depends on how greedy you are!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter in a small pan.
- 2Fry the onion 'til softened.
- 3Transfer to a microwave proof bowl and mix with all the other ingredients.
- 4Microwave on medium to warm a little (about 5 minutes).
- 5This is not really necessary but speeds thing up.
- 6Meanwhile remove a "lid" from the bread loaf, and remove the centre to create a bowl. We cut the removed piece into chunks, and bake for about 5 minutes alongside the bowl to use as dippers.
- 7Place the bowl in a moderate oven for about 5 minutes.
- 8Remove and fill with the mixture, grate some extra cheese over if you wish, and return to the oven to heat through 'til hot and bubbling (about 30minutes).
- 9My neighbour sometimes substitutes bacon for the ham, or adds pineapple.
- 10I think you could add diced capsicum for colour too.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Janette's Cheesy Cob Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 472.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
crusty cobb loaf