1/1 Photo of Jan's Autumn Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 20 mins
A Hearty Dish for a Cold Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water, cold
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (leftover from roast chicken or freshly poached)
- 1 (425 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1/3 cup dried apricot, diced
- 2 small red apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Bon Appetit seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2In large bowl combine flour, ginger, lemon zest and salt.
- 3With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of water over the mixture and toss with fork. The dough should be just barely moistened, enough to hold together when formed into a ball. Add more water if needed.
- 5Form the dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- 6Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 8In large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in flour and ginger until smooth.
- 9Reduce heat to low and gradually whisk in chicken soup.
- 10Stir in onions, carrots, apples, apricots, lemon juice and chicken. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 11Season with salt and pepper. Spoon filling into deep, 10-inch ceramic or glass pie dish.
- 12notes: I steamed the chicken with some Vege-spice sprinkled over and cook for 20minutes.
- 13I also sometimes use individual as my DD (8) loves to have her own pie.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jan's Autumn Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.5
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 1235.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 33.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and black pepper
Bon Appetit seasoning mix