Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cute little cakes that taste great. Impressive with a cup of tea when guests come over and certainly a kid pleaser.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C, (350 F).
- Grease 12 x 2 Tablespoon patty pan tray or set out 12 paper patty pan cases onto a baking paper line baking tray. (I use 3 or 4 paper patty pans stacked in side each other for stronger cases).
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Add the beaten egg a little at a time continuing to beat until mixture well combined.
- Using a large metal spoon gently fold in half the flour and half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Spoon mixture evenly into each patty pan case and bake for approx 15 - 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Stir Jelly and boiling water until crystals have dissolved. Stir in cold water and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold and slightly thick.
- Place coconut into a large bowl. Using a slotted spoon dunk each cake one at a time into the jelly. Drain excess jelly and toss in coconut till well coated. Place onto a line tray and pop in the fridge for about 30 minutes or till set.
- These little cakes keep for up to a week and stay moist as the jelly traps air from drying them out.