1/3 Photos of Jelly (Jello) Jollies
Cute little cakes that taste great. Impressive with a cup of tea when guests come over and certainly a kid pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180C, (350 F).
- 2Grease 12 x 2 Tablespoon patty pan tray or set out 12 paper patty pan cases onto a baking paper line baking tray. (I use 3 or 4 paper patty pans stacked in side each other for stronger cases).
- 3Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Add the beaten egg a little at a time continuing to beat until mixture well combined.
- 4Using a large metal spoon gently fold in half the flour and half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- 5Spoon mixture evenly into each patty pan case and bake for approx 15 - 20 minutes.
- 6Allow to cool on wire rack.
- 7Stir Jelly and boiling water until crystals have dissolved. Stir in cold water and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold and slightly thick.
- 8Place coconut into a large bowl. Using a slotted spoon dunk each cake one at a time into the jelly. Drain excess jelly and toss in coconut till well coated. Place onto a line tray and pop in the fridge for about 30 minutes or till set.
- 9These little cakes keep for up to a week and stay moist as the jelly traps air from drying them out.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelly (Jello) Jollies
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 254.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g