1/1 Photo of Jo's Christmas Crackle
Sara 76's Note:
I had my niece sleep over last night, and today she insisted on me making this out of the rind from the Christmas ham. Her Dad makes it every year, and she loves it. It's not really my cup of tea, I thought it was tasty, but too fatty for me to have more than one piece, but here is the recipe for you to be the judge!
My Private Note
- 1Cut the rind into chunks, and generously salt it.
- 2Place under a hot grill for about 10 minutes, then shake and resalt. Reapeat this every 10 minutes.
- 3When the rind starts to crackle, and has just started to burn on the tips, remove from the grill.
- 4Using tongs, transfer the rind to a plate, and lightly salt.
- 5NOTE: you may have to do this in batches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jo's Christmas Crackle
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.6 mg
- Sodium 6316.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 93.0 g