1/2 Photos of Kangaroo Bolognese Sauce
2 hrs 15 mins
Traditional sauce made with a true Aussie ingredient. Will have a slightly 'gamey' flavour. This is much lower in fat (and cholesterol) than when made with beef. Due to Roo being so lean water needs to be added to keep it moist. A favourite of mine & taken from macromeats-gourmetgame.com.au
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook onion in oil until browned.
- 2Add meat, mash while cooking to break up any lumps. Cook until meat browns.
- 3Push tomatoes through sieve then with liquid add to meat mixture. Stir in tomato paste, herbs, water and salt and pepper.
- 4When sauce comes to boil, reduce heat and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- 5To serve, spoon sauce over hot spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kangaroo Bolognese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.3
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: