Traditional sauce made with a true Aussie ingredient. Will have a slightly 'gamey' flavour. This is much lower in fat (and cholesterol) than when made with beef. Due to Roo being so lean water needs to be added to keep it moist. A favourite of mine & taken from macromeats-gourmetgame.com.au
- Cook onion in oil until browned.
- Add meat, mash while cooking to break up any lumps. Cook until meat browns.
- Push tomatoes through sieve then with liquid add to meat mixture. Stir in tomato paste, herbs, water and salt and pepper.
- When sauce comes to boil, reduce heat and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon sauce over hot spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.
This was excellent I served this with Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells and it made for and absolutely superb meal. We loved the roo meat instead of beef, adds so much to the flavour and served over the stuffed pasta it was gorgeous. The only change I made was to add some garlic when cooking the onion. This is truly a wonderful sauce and I would highly recommend anyone that can purchase kangaroo meat to try this, gorgeous. Great Post
Wonderful! I'm not normally a real bolognese fan but the kangaroo versus beef was such a great variant. I love a lot of sauce so used the full quantity of sauce over 250g of spaghetti to serve two.