Traditional sauce made with a true Aussie ingredient. Will have a slightly 'gamey' flavour. This is much lower in fat (and cholesterol) than when made with beef. Due to Roo being so lean water needs to be added to keep it moist. A favourite of mine & taken from macromeats-gourmetgame.com.au
- Cook onion in oil until browned.
- Add meat, mash while cooking to break up any lumps. Cook until meat browns.
- Push tomatoes through sieve then with liquid add to meat mixture. Stir in tomato paste, herbs, water and salt and pepper.
- When sauce comes to boil, reduce heat and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon sauce over hot spaghetti and top with parmesan cheese.