1/2 Photos of Kangaroo Curry
Peter J's Note:
Kangaroo has a great flavour and doesn't need much cooking so I thought I'd try and come up with a quick one pot curry dish that wouldn't overpower it and was nice and creamy. It's still reasonably strong however - if you like really mild curries try a teaspoon of curry powder and a teaspoon of flour instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and sautee onion and garlic until onion is turning soft.
- 2Add curry powder and cubes of kangaroo meat and toss around for about a minute until it's really lightly browned on the outside.
- 3Add coconut milk and bring back to a boil.
- 4Reduce remperature slightly, stirring occasionally for around 30 minutes until the curry has thickened and the roo is cooked. You want it to be bubbling away, but not boiling hard.
- 5I didn't but if after around 30 minutes it is thinner than you would like stir through a little flour to thicken.
- 6Leave to cool 5 minutes and serve over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kangaroo Curry
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.8
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 107.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 78.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: