Kangaroo has a great flavour and doesn't need much cooking so I thought I'd try and come up with a quick one pot curry dish that wouldn't overpower it and was nice and creamy. It's still reasonably strong however - if you like really mild curries try a teaspoon of curry powder and a teaspoon of flour instead.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and sautee onion and garlic until onion is turning soft.
- Add curry powder and cubes of kangaroo meat and toss around for about a minute until it's really lightly browned on the outside.
- Add coconut milk and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce remperature slightly, stirring occasionally for around 30 minutes until the curry has thickened and the roo is cooked. You want it to be bubbling away, but not boiling hard.
- I didn't but if after around 30 minutes it is thinner than you would like stir through a little flour to thicken.
- Leave to cool 5 minutes and serve over mashed potatoes.