1/1 Photo of Kangaroo Kebabs
Peter J's Note:
Recipe I came up with when I felt like kangaroo kebabs with a sort of bush tomato flavour but couldn't find anything, and also realised I only had a couple of small bush tomatoes left. I think it would also work well with beef, in that case you could cook until more well done but if so don't go too overboard as the marinade / sauce will burn. Preparation time does not include marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients except kangaroo meat in a medium saucepan and warm through for 5 minutes over a gentle heat stirring occasionally, a few bubbles are OK but don't let it boil hard.
- 2Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- 3Meanwhile cut the kangaroo meat into bite size cubes for the kebabs, try to keep them fairly square.
- 4Once the sauce mixture has cooled gently stir through the kangaroo cubes into the saucepan and refrigerate for an hour. Turn ocasionally to make sure they are evenly coated.
- 5Thread cubes onto the skewers but leave a gap between each piece of meat for more even cooking. Leave as much of the sauce on as possible, it will help stew the meat a little and give good heat transfer with the BBQ plate.
- 6Cook on a low-medium BBQ plate for around 2 minutes per side. I like to turn 90 degrees at a time so that is about 8 minutes total cooking time. Sometimes a piece will fail to rotate so have a fork on hand to give the bothersome pieces a little tweak.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kangaroo Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 115.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: