Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
From Judy V.
Make and share this Kangaroo With Shiraz Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (400 g) kangaroo fillets, about 400g each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 20 g butter
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach, washed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Shiraz Butter Sauce
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150 g shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 250 ml shiraz wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 50 g butter, extra
- Trim kangaroo of sinew and halve lengthwise. Reserve trimmings for later. Season olive oil with salt and pepper. Rub over each fillet, then cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Start Shiraz Butter sauce and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and seal fillets on both sides quickly, until browned. Transfer to a oven-proof pan and roast for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with tin foil and let rest about 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Meanwhile , melt the butter in a frying pan until it starts to foam slightly. Add spinach in all at once. As it starts to wilt add lemon juice and season to taste.
- Mound spinach onto warm serving plates, top with sliced kangaroo. Spoon sauce around and drizzle a bit over the steak.
- Shiraz Butter Sauce: Melt butter and oil in a wide suace pan. Add vegetables and meat trimmings. Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add wine, stock, water and simmer for 20 minutes or until only about 1/2 cup liquid remains. Strain and set aside.
- Once fillets come out of the oven, heat the reserved sauce and add cooking juices from roasting pan. Whisk in the extra butter slowly until emulsified.