Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you love those crispy strips here's a recipe that is sure to be to your tastes. These are nearly taste the same as crispy strips that are available in Australia.
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon msg (isn't really important it just adds extra flavour)
- Trim any excess skin or fat from the chicken breasts.
- Slice the chicken breasts into nice size strips (approximately 1/2 inch x 3-4 inches).
- Combine the water, salt and MSG for the marinade in a large bowl and let it sit and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Turn the strips once while they are marinating.
- Combine the beaten egg and milk and a bit of pepper in a medium size bowl.
- In a small plastic bag combine the remaining ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, paprika, Mexican chili and MSG) and shake.
- At this time you can start to preheat the oil in a deep-fryer to 220°C.
- When the chicken has been marinating for 20 minutes, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off.
- Using about ten strips at once, place the chicken in the bag with the flouer and shake the bag until the strips of chicken are coated.
- Place them on a plate.
- Once they have been coated with the flour mixture dip them in the egg and milk mixture individually and them back into the bag for another shake.
- Be sure to try and get as much coating on each strip.
- If you wish you can coat them again if you want a thicker coating.
- Drop the strips, 5-6 at a time into the hot oil.
- They should only take a couple of minutes depending on how you like your chicken.
- Be sure to stir when frying so the strips don't stick together.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and allow them to drain on paper towels for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy your homemade takeaway!