Ben Ross's Note:
If you love those crispy strips here's a recipe that is sure to be to your tastes. These are nearly taste the same as crispy strips that are available in Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1Trim any excess skin or fat from the chicken breasts.
- 2Slice the chicken breasts into nice size strips (approximately 1/2 inch x 3-4 inches).
- 3Combine the water, salt and MSG for the marinade in a large bowl and let it sit and marinate for 20 minutes.
- 4Turn the strips once while they are marinating.
- 5Combine the beaten egg and milk and a bit of pepper in a medium size bowl.
- 6In a small plastic bag combine the remaining ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, paprika, Mexican chili and MSG) and shake.
- 7At this time you can start to preheat the oil in a deep-fryer to 220°C.
- 8When the chicken has been marinating for 20 minutes, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off.
- 9Using about ten strips at once, place the chicken in the bag with the flouer and shake the bag until the strips of chicken are coated.
- 10Place them on a plate.
- 11Once they have been coated with the flour mixture dip them in the egg and milk mixture individually and them back into the bag for another shake.
- 12Be sure to try and get as much coating on each strip.
- 13If you wish you can coat them again if you want a thicker coating.
- 14Drop the strips, 5-6 at a time into the hot oil.
- 15They should only take a couple of minutes depending on how you like your chicken.
- 16Be sure to stir when frying so the strips don't stick together.
- 17Remove the chicken from the oil and allow them to drain on paper towels for a couple of minutes.
- 18Enjoy your homemade takeaway!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kfc Hot 'n Spicy Crispy Strips Clone
Serving Size: 1 (1018 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 882.3
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 270.0 mg
- Sodium 5122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 74.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: