Montana Heart Song's Note:
We like the taste of Kiwi Fruit and Lime Juice and I came up with this recipe based on likes and food restrictions. It is great with hot tea, topped with sweetened cream cheese or margarine or plain with tea or coffee, A family member cannot have milk but can have cream cheese. I freeze chopped Kiwis (if I can find them on sale).
My Private Note
11 X 8 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar or 3/4 cup splenda granular sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, chopped very small pieces with juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3-1/2 cup cold water
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven 350*.
- 2In bowl mix flour, sugar,baking powder and baking soda. Set Aside.
- 3In another bowl, mix eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, vegetable oil. Mix by hand or with mixer.
- 4Add kiwi fruit and juice, lime zest and lime juice.
- 5Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- 6Add 1/3 cup water and mix.
- 7If batter is too stiff to spread, add more water to total to 1/2 cup.
- 8Note: Depends on the size of the kiwis and the juice.
- 9Spray Pam in (2) 11 X 8 pans.
- 10Spread in Pans.
- 11Bake 20 to 25 minutes until top springs back when gently pressed with finger in the middle of the pan.
- 12Cool before serving. Cover top with plastic or foil.
- 13I freeze one pan, double wrapped and then freezer sacked.
- 14Flavor intensifies if refrigerated and served the next day.
- 15Note: You may use a 9 X13 pan but the bread will be higher and you will have to cook at least 10 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kiwi Lime Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: