Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We like the taste of Kiwi Fruit and Lime Juice and I came up with this recipe based on likes and food restrictions. It is great with hot tea, topped with sweetened cream cheese or margarine or plain with tea or coffee, A family member cannot have milk but can have cream cheese. I freeze chopped Kiwis (if I can find them on sale).
- 4 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar or 3⁄4 cup splenda granular sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, chopped very small pieces with juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup cold water
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven 350*.
- In bowl mix flour, sugar,baking powder and baking soda. Set Aside.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, vegetable oil. Mix by hand or with mixer.
- Add kiwi fruit and juice, lime zest and lime juice.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- Add 1/3 cup water and mix.
- If batter is too stiff to spread, add more water to total to 1/2 cup.
- Note: Depends on the size of the kiwis and the juice.
- Spray Pam in (2) 11 X 8 pans.
- Spread in Pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until top springs back when gently pressed with finger in the middle of the pan.
- Cool before serving. Cover top with plastic or foil.
- I freeze one pan, double wrapped and then freezer sacked.
- Flavor intensifies if refrigerated and served the next day.
- Note: You may use a 9 X13 pan but the bread will be higher and you will have to cook at least 10 minutes longer.