A simple weeknight supper solution that is quick, tasty, and fairly low in fat too!! I often make mine into little patties if I'm short on time, rather than mess about with skewers. I often use wholemeal pitta bread instead of tortillas too. Don't skip the chilli yoghurt...it reallly makes it!
- 1 lb extra lean minced lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 200 g low fat greek yoghurt
- 2 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- Mix together the lamb, onion herbs and spices and season well.Divide the mixture into four, and using your fingers squeeze it around the skewers to form long sausage shapes.
- Grill the kofta kebabs for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned.
- Combine the yoghurt, chillies, coriander, garlic, lime juice and sugar and season to taste.
- Briefly warm the tortillas to make them pliable. Place a kebab in the centre of each tortilla, squeeze around the kebab, pulling it off the skewer. Drizzle with the chilli yoghurt, and add onion rings, tomato wedges and lettuce if desired.
- Roll up and eat!
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I didn't add the mint, because for some reason, I just don't like it in savory dishes. I also used a serrano chili pepper (green) instead of red, because I couldn't find a red chili pepper. I looked at the list of ingredients, so didn't see lettuce, onion, and tomatoes. Luckily, I had tomatoes, onions, but had to sub spinach for lettuce. I enjoyed these in tortillas, and topped with the yogurt sauce. I also served the yogurt sauce on the side to "dunk" the wraps in. I think Noo probably "grilled" these by putting them in the oven, but to me, grilling means firing up my charcoal grill and getting a great smokey taste. I agree with Noo, it is probably easier to make these in a patty, but it is such fun to slide them off the skewer onto the tortilla. Wonderful presentation. I had a lot of fun making this recipe, and really enjoyed the final result! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious, quick and simple with all the flavours we love so much. I added in a garlic clove by accident, but it was a fine addition. We didn't serve them in the tortillas, but ate them over rice with a salad on the side. The yoghurt was a lovely sauce for all. Thanks so much for posting the recipe Noo.