A simple weeknight supper solution that is quick, tasty, and fairly low in fat too!! I often make mine into little patties if I'm short on time, rather than mess about with skewers. I often use wholemeal pitta bread instead of tortillas too. Don't skip the chilli yoghurt...it reallly makes it!
- 1 lb extra lean minced lamb
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 200 g low fat greek yoghurt
- 2 red chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- Mix together the lamb, onion herbs and spices and season well.Divide the mixture into four, and using your fingers squeeze it around the skewers to form long sausage shapes.
- Grill the kofta kebabs for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned.
- Combine the yoghurt, chillies, coriander, garlic, lime juice and sugar and season to taste.
- Briefly warm the tortillas to make them pliable. Place a kebab in the centre of each tortilla, squeeze around the kebab, pulling it off the skewer. Drizzle with the chilli yoghurt, and add onion rings, tomato wedges and lettuce if desired.
- Roll up and eat!