From "The Sydney Morning Herald" 10 Nov 09.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the labna mix oil and yoghurt. Place in a strainer lined with muslin or clean tea towel. Place this over a bowl and leave in fridge for 2 days.
- 2Remove from cloth and mix with raisins, nuts and parsley and season with salt & pepper.
- 3Remove stamens from flowers. Put labna in piping bag and pipe gently into the flowers.
- 4Mix flour with beer to make a smooth batter.
- 5Heat oil in frying pan.
- 6Dip flowers in batter and fry until just golden brown.
- 7Only dip in batter just before frying. The batter should only just cover the flowers and you should still be able to see the flower through the batter.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Labna-Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 25.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: