1/2 Photos of Lamb and Apricot Stew
2 hrs 10 mins
I love lamb with fruit. This is meltingly tender and really tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat half the oil in a large heavy based saucepan, add tomato capsicum, onion and mint and saute 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from pan.
- 3Heat the remaining oil, add the lamb pieces, stir quickly to brown on all sides.
- 4Return the vegetables to the pan, add the apricots and enough water to almost cover the meat.
- 5Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 6After the hour, season with salt and pepper.
- 7Check liquid content and add more if needed.
- 8Simmer 1 hour more until lamb is very tender.
- 9Serve with steamed or boiled rice, or couscous.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and Apricot Stew
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.3
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 110.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 37.6 g