1/1 Photo of Lamb and Bean Nachos With Salsa Fresca
A Aussie lamb version of a Mexican recipe. The lamb mixture can be made ahead of time and frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g ground lamb
- 35 g taco seasoning mix
- 425 g tomatoes
- 420 g Mexican chili beans (or mexibeans in Australia)
- 1/4 cup water
- 240 g plain toasted corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 medium avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Cook lamb in a large heated oiled pan, stirring until browned.
- 2Add seasoning mix, undrained crushed tomatoes, undrained beans and water and bring to the boil.
- 3Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- 4Just before serving, spread corn chips over a large heatproof plate. Top with lamb mixture, sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Bake nachos, uncovered, in a moderate oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Combine mashed avocado with half of the Salsa Fresca in a medium bowl. Drop spoon fulls of avocado mixture and sour cream over nachos.
- 7Top with the remaining Salsa Fresca.
- 8Salsa Fresca:.
- 9Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and Bean Nachos With Salsa Fresca
Serving Size: 1 (602 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1214.3
- Calories from Fat 724
- Total Fat 80.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 897.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 44.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: