Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple,but really tasty lamb burger....a family favourite!
Make and share this Lamb and Feta Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 500 g lamb mince
- 50 g feta cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put bread in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Stand for 5 minutes then drain, and squeeze as much of the water as possible from the bread.
- Put the bread in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients, mixing well to combine it all.
- Using wet hands form the mixture into 6 patties. Heat some oil in a large frying pan, and cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side (or cooked to your liking).
- Serve in pitta breads.
Lamb and feta - how can you go wrong? This is a great and quick entree. I had no mint but I did have fresh thyme and used a fair amount of that. Lots of freshly ground black pepper to top it off.
Yum! These are easy, and really, really tasty. I made into mini burgers instead of full size, as I like to take mini burgers to work for lunch. I would never have thought to grate the feta, but it really distributes the flavor nicely through the meat mixture. I substituted oregano for the mint, as I really don't care for mint, and it nicely complemented the other flavors. All alone, the flavor in this burger is outstanding, with a pita and tzatziki, it will be over the moon. If you like lamb, definitely try this recipe! Thanks for posting a real winner.