1/2 Photos of Lamb and Rosemary Potato Pie
From Campbells Kitchen. I made this omiting the onion due to allergy reasons. Also works well if you want to serve in individual ramikins instead of one large pie. The original recipe says serves 4 but you could stretch to 6 especially with other sides, depending on appetites of course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500 g ground lamb (we call it mince lean)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 375 ml beef stock
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Place potatoes into a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 3Drain and return to the saucepan and add butter and milk and mash until smooth, set to one side.
- 4While potatoes are cooking heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- 5Add mince and carrot and cook until browned and then add tomato paste and rosemary and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in flour and slowly add stock stirring after each addition until combined.
- 7Return to heat and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened.
- 8Spoon into a 2 litre (8 cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- 9Top with mashed potato then sprinkle over cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and Rosemary Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 580.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 31.1 g