1/3 Photos of Lamb Casserole
2 hrs 20 mins
This is an adaptation of a lamb shank recipe I found in a magazine. I don't know the name of the magazine and I have made a few changes. This is great on a cold winters night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg lamb (diced)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 (440 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (45 g) can anchovy fillets (diced well)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes or 2 fresh chili peppers
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 6 olives (diced well)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Toss diced lamb in plain flour with salt& pepper.
- 2Heat oil in large frypan and cook lamb until brown.
- 3Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4Add garlic, onion, carrots, wine and bring to boil.
- 5Add beef stock, tomatoes, anchovies, chilli and basil, stir to combine.
- 6Return lamb to dish and bring to boil.
- 7Cover frypan and reduce heat to med-low (if it starts to stick to the bottom of the pan the temp is too high) and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionaly.
- 8When cooked add diced olives and balsamic vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Serve with a side of your choice.
- 10My husband likes this served with mashed potato and green beans.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.9
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 141.8 mg
- Sodium 1097.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: