1/1 Photo of Lamb Empanadas
Delicious and satisfying meat pies. Easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw pastry at room temperature.
- 2Cut the lamb into very small cubes.
- 3Peel and chop the onion, potato, carrots and turnip into very small pieces.
- 4Place in bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F
- 6Separate pastry sheets.
- 7Using a 5.5" saucer, cut out pastry rounds.
- 8Place a heaping teaspoon of meat and vegetable mixture in the middle of a pastry round.
- 9Dip pastry brush in water and moisten edge of pastry round. Pull up two sides of pastry to top and seal by pinching pastry together across the top.
- 10Place completed pasty on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- 11Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 10 empanadas.
- 12Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from tray using spatula.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (1464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.2
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.0 g