Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was in Melbournes Herald Sun Newspaper yesterday. It looks fast and tasty, and I love lamb! They suggested 3 minutes would be enough cooking time for the fillets, but I think a little more would suit me!
- 6 lamb fillets (large enough for 1 per person)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons port wine or 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Mix everything (except the lamb) together in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to melt the redcurrant jelly.
- Cook for a couple of minutes (this can be done in advance).
- Season the lamb and oil the outside lightly.
- Put in a hot pan and brown on all sides.
- Cook until done to your liking-I would cook a small thin fillet for about 5 minutes.
- Remove to a warm plate and cover loosely with foil or another plate.
- Tip the sauce into the lamb cooking pan, and boil quickly.
- Serve the lamb sliced diagonally with plenty of sauce poured over.
My wife and I both love Lamb and are very keen to try new Lamb Recipes. I tried this one and it left me feeling something was missing - I cant quite put my finger on it. I do think the amount of orange juice is too much and if I ever try this again will reduce it by a third. So I'm sorry I can't give this a five but THX for the recipe anyway.