Cook1 hr 15 mins
A nice warming dish for winter.
Make and share this Lamb in Redcurrant Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the meat of excess fat.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of rind from the lemon and squeeze 4 teaspoons of juice.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and brown the chops well.
- Place in an oven-proof dish.
- Add the onion to the frying pan and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the jelly, rind and juice, stock and sauces.
- Stir until heated through then pour over the chops.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour in an oven set at 325f, turning a couple of times during cooking.
- Remove the chops, and pour the sauce into a frying pan.
- Boil rapidly until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Return the chops to the sauce to serve.
- This goes very well with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.