1/1 Photo of Lamb in Redcurrant Jelly
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A nice warming dish for winter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the meat of excess fat.
- 2Grate 1 teaspoon of rind from the lemon and squeeze 4 teaspoons of juice.
- 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and brown the chops well.
- 4Place in an oven-proof dish.
- 5Add the onion to the frying pan and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- 6Add the jelly, rind and juice, stock and sauces.
- 7Stir until heated through then pour over the chops.
- 8Bake, covered, for 1 hour in an oven set at 325f, turning a couple of times during cooking.
- 9Remove the chops, and pour the sauce into a frying pan.
- 10Boil rapidly until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- 11Return the chops to the sauce to serve.
- 12This goes very well with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb in Redcurrant Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.6
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Sodium 389.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 35.4 g