1/2 Photos of Lamb - Rib Roast Dijon
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
When selecting Lamb Racks (rib roast), allow at least 3 ribs per person. Racks are usually sold 6 to 8 ribs per roast. This recipe will have to be adjusted logically to accommodate more than two people. Serve with roasted root vegetables, rice pilaf or mashed garlic-potatoes. Suggested wines - Sauvignon-Shiraz or Sauvignon-Blanc (or both). For dessert, I would recommend a lime gelato, to aid digestion; or skip dessert and have another bottle of Sauvignon-Blanc and a selection of cheeses and fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Trim exterior fat on roast to within 1/4 inch.
- 3Coat with Dijon mustard.
- 4Combine bread crumbs, basil and garlic; pat mixture over mustard.
- 5Place roast, fat side up, on rack, in open roasting pan.
- 6Insert meat thermometer in thickest part, not resting in fat or on bone.
- 7Do not add water, and do not cover.
- 8Roast in preheated oven to desired doneness.
- 9Allow 30-35 minutes per lb.
- 10for rare; 35-40 minutes for medium; and 40-45 minutes for well done.
- 11Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for rare; 160 for medium and 170 for well done.
- 12Garnish with lemon slices and Italian parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb - Rib Roast Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1214.4
- Calories from Fat 964
- Total Fat 107.2 g
- Saturated Fat 54.5 g
- Cholesterol 275.8 mg
- Sodium 296.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 52.0 g