I found this in a magazine, but have made a couple of changes to suit us.
Make and share this Lamb Shank Curry recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan. Add the lamb and brown-you will need to do this in a couple of batches. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the onions. Cook stirring until soft. Stir in the garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute then add the cardamom and curry paste. Cook stirring for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and stock stirring to combine.
- Return the shanks to the saucepan; bring to a simmer then cover. Simmer gently for about 2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander.