1/3 Photos of Lamb Shanks & Apricots
Adaped from an Iain Hewitson's recipe. The original recipe is simmered on the stove top and uses cubed lamb. I cooked this with lamb shanks and it worked perfectly. Personally I prefer to cook a recipe like this in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg lamb shank
- 1/4 cup plain flour (seasoned)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, cored & sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- freshly ground salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- parsley, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C.
- 2In a casserole dish flour lamb and brown in hot oil. Then remove and set aside.
- 3Add a little more oil to dish and gently sauté onion, capsicum and fennel until softish, stirring regularly and scraping the bottom of the pot.
- 4Add ginger, garlic, coriander and cumin, and mix well.
- 5Add stock, saffron, sambal, honey, seasonings and apricots.
- 6Return lamb to pot, stir, cover.
- 7Place in oven for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until cooked to your liking.
- 8Serve with rice or mashed potato, sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Shanks & Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.6
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 382.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 73.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: