Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family loves lamb and this dish. It is fantastic with mashed potato.
Make and share this Lamb Trattoria recipe from Food.com.
- 675 g boneless lean lamb
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 cup tomato (peeled, chopped and seeded)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (i omitted)
- 2 tablespoons capers (i omitted)
- Coarse dice the lamb.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the lamb and garlic, cook until meat browns. sprinkle flour and continue cooking for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.