Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family loves lamb and this dish. It is fantastic with mashed potato.
Make and share this Lamb Trattoria recipe from Food.com.
- 675 g boneless lean lamb
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 cup tomatoes (peeled, chopped and seeded)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (i omitted)
- 2 tablespoons capers (i omitted)
- Coarse dice the lamb.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the lamb and garlic, cook until meat browns. sprinkle flour and continue cooking for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato.