Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From the cookbook The Essential Asian Cookbook
Make and share this Lamb With Palm Sugar recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g lamb, diced
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass root, white part only
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar, can substitute brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pand;add the lamb in batches and cook over high heat until browned, drain on paper towel.
- Add the chilli powder, lemon grass and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the meat to the pan with the sweet potato, sugar, lime juice and water;bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Remove the lid and simmer a further 30 minutes or until the meat is tender-watch it doesn't catch and add in a little more water if it looks like it might!